Hiring Consultants and Independent Contractors

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Legal Forms for Business Agreements and other Legal Forms topics.

What forms do I need when hiring a consultant?

Hiring Consultants and Independent Contractors

When running a business, you will often find yourself in need of hiring someone to provide consulting services for a short period of time. This may include graphic designers, accountants, photographers or many other types of consultants or independent contractors.

These are not salaried employees, but rather people you are paying fees in exchange for services.

Before the person begins their consulting work, it is in your best interest (and theirs) to make a formal agreement stipulating the terms of services to be provided. Such persons should also sign a non-compete agreement and a non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement.

At Rocket Lawyer.com, you can find a business legal form that covers all these things. Their Consulting Agreement includes a general agreement of terms and conditions, as well as non-compete and confidentiality provisions.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Legal Forms Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.